Tips for Stress-Free Honeymoon Travel
Love is in the flights! As you prepare to take off on your dream honeymoon, we’ve got some tips and practical advice to help you travel in style, experience stress-free flights and airport navigation plus the most dreamy honeymoon. From finding the best flight deals to packing the appropriate essentials, we’ve got you covered from takeoff to landing!
How to find the best deal on your flights: When it comes to booking your flights, aiming for the best flight deals is always a bonus right?! Of course, this means you have more money to spend on your honeymoon experience. Below are some tips to find affordable flights that won’t break the bank:
- Explore flight comparison websites such as SkyScanner and Webjet to scout out the most budget-friendly flights across multiple airlines and travel agencies.
- Embrace flexibility with your travel dates to unlock cheaper flights. This could mean travelling a few months after your wedding day or even booking your flights in conjunction with choosing a wedding date so that everything flows together nicely.
- Sign up for airline newsletters and explore Instagram and Facebook to stay informed about flash sales, promotional offers, and exclusive discounts on upcoming flights.
- Consider alternative airports or exciting layover destinations to discover places you’ve always wanted to visit and save some extra money on those flights.
What to pack for cloud nine comfort: To ensure a seamless and stress-free honeymoon in the air, packing efficiently and thoughtfully is essential. Here are some essentials that deserve a spot in your honeymoon suitcase:
- Carry essential travel documents like passports, cards, and documents in a safe and easily accessible flight pouch.
- Prepare a well-organized carry-on bag that’s ready for takeoff, equipped with travel-sized toiletries, medication, chargers, a change of clothes, and other flight necessities to help you through any unexpected delays or misplaced checked baggage.
- Pack comfortable clothing and footwear that can transition well from the airport to your honeymoon destination.
- Don’t forget chargers, adapters, and any electronic for in-flight entertainment not to mention any cameras you may want to take to get those amazing pictures.
Navigating airports, flights and customs with ease: Airports can be a bustling hive of activity, but with these flight-focused tips, you’ll navigate the airport seamlessly:
- Travel to the airport in good time, allowing enough space in your schedule for stress-free pre-flight prep.
- Speed things up by checking in online whenever your flights allow.
- Follow the flight regulations by properly organizing and packing liquids, gels, and devices. You are usually only allowed to carry liquids up to 10ml in your carry on luggage and anything over that amount has to go in your checked baggage.
- Dress comfortably, with slip-on shoes and minimal metal accessories so you can go through security screenings easily.
- Lookup customs requirements and restrictions for your honeymoon destination before hand, and declare any necessary items to avoid fines or delays.
How to make your flights as comfortable as possible:
- Pre-book in flight meals, purchase that champagne and take extra pillows/blankets to make your journey more comfortable and relaxing.
- Pack some cozy socks or a blanket you can both use.
- Create a playlist or download your favourite movies, TV shows, or audiobooks you can watch together.
- Keep hydrated throughout the flight, and minimize alcohol or caffeine intake to ensure you land feeling refreshed.
Your honeymoon really begins once you are officially married and whilst we tend to stick to planning weddings not honeymoons, we are always open to giving you our best advice, ideas and guidance when it comes to destinations and timing. We can’t wait to see where this journey takes you and if you want our expert advice then don’t forget to connect with us anytime!
Love your Go-To Wedding Planners xx